Cambridge essex stamp company vasilkov com uadating
Between that time and the early 1600s many improvements were made and new buildings constructed, including the Walnut Tree Building, which was completed in 1618.
Since then the college has refurbished most of its old buildings and steadily expanded.
In February 1795 the college was badly flooded, reportedly waist-deep in the cloisters.
In 1980, the college for the first time allowed females to matriculate as members, with the first female members of the college graduating in 1983.
In 1448 Queen Margaret received from her husband, King Henry VI, the lands of St Bernard's College to build a new college to be called "Queen's College of St Margaret and St Bernard".
On 15 April 1448, Sir John Wenlock, chamberlain to Queen Margaret, laid the foundation stone at the south-east corner of the chapel.
During the English civil war the college sent all its silver to help the King.
As a result, the president and the fellows were ejected from their posts. In 1777, a fire in the Walnut Tree Building destroyed the upper floors, which were rebuilt 1778-82.
The gold cross stands for St Margaret, and the gold crozier for St Bernard, the two patron saints of Queens' College.